A Philly Paper Studio
Studio K offers community papermaking classes and papermaking services in East Mt Airy in Philadelphia!
Workshops are offered on Saturdays from 10am-4pm. Introduction to Contemporary Papermaking and Advanced Techniques are offered on an alternating basis. Each workshop includes a Show & Tell Hour scheduled two weeks after the class to pick up finished artworks. Sign up for upcoming workshops HERE.
Introduction to Contemporary Papermaking
December 3rd, February 4th, March 25th, May 13th
Advanced Techniques in Papermaking
- Stencils, Blowouts and Watermarks
- Pigmenting, Pulp Painting and Painterly Techniques
- Papermaking for Printmakers
- Casting, Lamination and Sculptural Paper
This gift card can be applied towards any upcoming workshop. Great as a gift!
TUITION ASSISTANCE: Interested in a workshop but out of your budget? Submit this form for full and partial tuition assistance: Tuition Assistance Form
Studio K offers pulp beating and creative collaboration services to local Philadelphia area artists and papermakers!
Contact us for pricing and further information on how Studio K can support your creative practice.
Studio Equipment includes the following:
- Five 11 x 14 inch mould and deckles, including one deckle box
- 18 x 24 inch mould, deckle and deckle box set
- Additional moulds in various sizes
- Archival pigments from Guerra Paints and Pigments
- Heavyweight pellons and wool felts for couching
- 30 x 40 inch drying box with new blotters and bi-wall cardboard
- 2lb Little Critter beater made by Mark Lander in New Zealand
- Indoor rain barrel for sustainable water consumption!